News Item

Last chance to apply to volunteer at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games

28 February 2013

Today is the last chance to send in your applications to become a volunteer at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, so make sure you don't miss out by applying now to play a key part in the experience.

Glasgow 2014 volunteering

The Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, running from the 23 July - 3 August 2014 will be the biggest sporting and cultural event Scotland has ever seen. And at the heart of every successful Games are the volunteers.

Don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience volunteering, as training will be provided for each role.

Not all of the roles will be high profile and many might be away from the athletes. They are all, however, crucial to the success of the Games. So if you’re a friendly person who’s committed to helping make this the best party that Scotland has ever thrown, then get involved.

Find out more and apply here for Games Time Volunteering.

Entries will remain open for just under seven weeks, with the closing date set for Thursday 28th February.

Glasgow 2014 is also currently looking for people to join their frontrunners Pre Games Volunteer Team, which offers a unique chance to get involved now and help shape the Games.

Comments

I will like to participate with the Commonwealth Games as a volunteer. I am a Cameroonian by nationality, am a female aged 29 and presently doing human resources management.

Nange

Posted by nfuo florence nange on 18th May 2013

I just love the work of volunteerism! And for global peace this is a good opportunity for all people of the world.

Posted by Reza Dilshard Kareem on 1st March 2013

I would love to volunteer as it would open future paths for me and could be a great experience but I don't turn 16 until May 2014 :( aww

Posted by BB on 25th February 2013

Being a part of the 2014 Commonwealth Games would be the best experience and the best feeling ever. After being involved passionately with sport from a young age, this is something I would love to be involved in.

My current course is sport and social sciences and being part of this would be fantastic for that too.

Posted by Grace on 19th January 2013

My son is 15 at present but 16 in July this year, would he be able to apply?

Kind regards

Lu

Posted by louise martin on 17th January 2013

I will be 16 in December, I enjoy meeting new people and I enjoy participating in sporting activities.

I also went down to the Olympics where the volunteers impressed me with their knowledge and enthusiasm.

I would like to apply the same atmosphere in Glasgow as there was in London 2012.

Posted by Alasdair Lightbody on 14th January 2013

I turn 16 years old in February, I'm very interested in helping the Commonwealth Games. I'm a very sporty person, trying to do the best for my school etc (Football games, Running, Rugby games)

It would be a dream to help out at the Scottish Commonwealth Games and something I would remember for years to come!

Posted by Lyle Bunyan on 14th January 2013

I am 21 years old and work in the Leisure industry at the Auchrannie Hotel on the Island. This involves working with the public, and assisting with various classes.

I trained at Largs sports college. I have been part of the Ayrshire elite athletic team, and Ayrshire young athlete of the year. To help out and be part of the games would be a dream come true for me.

Many thanks, Nicole

Posted by Miss Nicole L Bunyan on 14th January 2013

My course specialises in technical theatre and stage management, we had a number of students volunteer for 2012, using their skills for the preparation and delivery of the opening and closing ceremonies. Will there be the opportunity for this type of specialist participation in Glasgow?

Many thanks,

Richard

Posted by Richard Reddrop on 18th December 2012

Submit a comment

Get in touch with Podium

What's on the Podium Showcase?