Sport Your Trainers
11th March 2013, all day
'Sport Your Trainers' to celebrate Commonwealth Day, and the Glasgow 2014 Games on Monday 11th March 2013.
From 27th July to 3rd August, the best athletes from 71 nations and territories will come to Glasgow to compete in Scotland’s biggest-ever sporting event, the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
‘Sport Your Trainers’ is the national campaign which asks people to wear their trainers as a symbolic gesture of support for the Glasgow 2014 Games.
It’s the perfect opportunity for schools, colleges and groups to get active and focus on sport. It also provides a platform for learning about the countries of the Commonwealth – their people, culture and history.
- Sheffield Hallam answers late request from Sochi 2014 to supply specialist volunteers
- Visit and play sport in the remodelled London 2012 Olympic Park
- Colleges can still access Flames legacy programme as it gains funding until March 2015
- Join the Pack - volunteer at Rugby Union World Cup 2015
- Put forward a proposal for the official IOC Olympic Agenda 2020