Sport Your Trainers
11th March 2013, all day
'Sport Your Trainers' to celebrate Commonwealth Day, and the Glasgow 2014 Games on Monday 11th March 2013.
From 27th July to 3rd August, the best athletes from 71 nations and territories will come to Glasgow to compete in Scotland’s biggest-ever sporting event, the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
‘Sport Your Trainers’ is the national campaign which asks people to wear their trainers as a symbolic gesture of support for the Glasgow 2014 Games.
It’s the perfect opportunity for schools, colleges and groups to get active and focus on sport. It also provides a platform for learning about the countries of the Commonwealth – their people, culture and history.
- Win $50,000 in scholarship funding by entering Google Science Fair 2014 now
- Join the Pack - volunteer at Rugby Union World Cup 2015
- Book now for a bespoke workshop on maximising your institution’s impact online
- International Paralympic Committee President opens University of Worcester Arena
- Book your place at Games education conference in Rio this spring