Sport Your Trainers
11th March 2013, all day
'Sport Your Trainers' to celebrate Commonwealth Day, and the Glasgow 2014 Games on Monday 11th March 2013.
From 27th July to 3rd August, the best athletes from 71 nations and territories will come to Glasgow to compete in Scotland’s biggest-ever sporting event, the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
‘Sport Your Trainers’ is the national campaign which asks people to wear their trainers as a symbolic gesture of support for the Glasgow 2014 Games.
It’s the perfect opportunity for schools, colleges and groups to get active and focus on sport. It also provides a platform for learning about the countries of the Commonwealth – their people, culture and history.
- Hackney Community College is education partner in iCITY £1billion London 2012 legacy project
- Apply to volunteer at the Festival of Rugby League World Cups
- Apply now to host Youth Sport Trust’s Young Ambassador conferences at your university
- Enter competition to win tickets to 2013 UEFA women's Champions League final
- Enter to win tickets for the European Athletics Team Championships 2013