The Big Dig Day
16th March 2013, time of activities vary
community gardens across the UK
On Saturday 16th March, more than 200 urban community gardens across the UK will be taking part in The Big Dig Day and you can get involved too.
The Big Dig campaign is all about getting people down to their local community garden to get growing. Whether you are new to gardening or an experienced gardener, organisers of project want you to help make your local community garden grow.
The Big Dig is providing training and advice to more than 5,000 community food volunteers across these areas, as well as engaging 5,000 other volunteers through corporate social opportunities and work with schools.
The long-term aim of Big Dig is to involve local people in creating vibrant community food gardens, which can help reduce anti-social behaviour, provide fresh, healthy food and put pride into communities.
For more information, visit The Big Dig website.
- Apply now to host Youth Sport Trust’s Young Ambassador conferences at your university
- Be part of a brand new project - Get Set to Make a Change
- Apply to volunteer at British Summer Time Festival, Hyde Park
- Apply to be a Hockey Maker at the Investec Hockey World League semi-finals
- Apply to volunteer at the 2013 Rugby League Festival of World Cups