Learn to Play Day
16th March 2013, 09.00
various music shops
After the success of last year's first ever national Learn to Play Day, the event is back this March, so save the date in your diaries now.
Learn to Play Day will take place on Saturday 16 March and will see music shops across the country open their doors and offer free taster lessons on a range of musical instruments. The idea is that everyone who has a free lesson will be able to leave the shop being able to play something.
The event is aimed at all ages, and the participating shops will have taster sessions on offer covering a whole range of instruments. There may even be some well-known musicians in-store for you to meet and get some tips from.
Last year saw Al Murray giving free drum lessons in Chappell of Bond Street in London, as well as members of Whitesnake and Deep Purple giving their support to shops in Leicester and Reading.
- Book your place at Games education conference in Rio this February
- Thanks for your support and final chance to apply to become Get Set mentors
- Register now for a course to maximise your institution’s impact online
- UK colleges help Brazilian students to gain World Cup volunteer roles
- Call for papers and teachers’ opinions for WWI Centenary Commemorations