Learn to Play Day
16th March 2013, 09.00
various music shops
After the success of last year's first ever national Learn to Play Day, the event is back this March, so save the date in your diaries now.
Learn to Play Day will take place on Saturday 16 March and will see music shops across the country open their doors and offer free taster lessons on a range of musical instruments. The idea is that everyone who has a free lesson will be able to leave the shop being able to play something.
The event is aimed at all ages, and the participating shops will have taster sessions on offer covering a whole range of instruments. There may even be some well-known musicians in-store for you to meet and get some tips from.
Last year saw Al Murray giving free drum lessons in Chappell of Bond Street in London, as well as members of Whitesnake and Deep Purple giving their support to shops in Leicester and Reading.
- Apply now to host Youth Sport Trust’s Young Ambassador conferences at your university
- Be part of a brand new project - Get Set to Make a Change
- Apply to volunteer at British Summer Time Festival, Hyde Park
- Apply to be a Hockey Maker at the Investec Hockey World League semi-finals
- Apply to volunteer at the 2013 Rugby League Festival of World Cups