Learn to Play Day
16th March 2013, 09.00
various music shops
After the success of last year's first ever national Learn to Play Day, the event is back this March, so save the date in your diaries now.
Learn to Play Day will take place on Saturday 16 March and will see music shops across the country open their doors and offer free taster lessons on a range of musical instruments. The idea is that everyone who has a free lesson will be able to leave the shop being able to play something.
The event is aimed at all ages, and the participating shops will have taster sessions on offer covering a whole range of instruments. There may even be some well-known musicians in-store for you to meet and get some tips from.
Last year saw Al Murray giving free drum lessons in Chappell of Bond Street in London, as well as members of Whitesnake and Deep Purple giving their support to shops in Leicester and Reading.
- Win $50,000 in scholarship funding by entering Google Science Fair 2014 now
- Join the Pack - volunteer at Rugby Union World Cup 2015
- Book now for a bespoke workshop on maximising your institution’s impact online
- International Paralympic Committee President opens University of Worcester Arena
- Book your place at Games education conference in Rio this spring