Exhibition: Fit Bodies - Statues, Athletes and Power
1st June - 15th September 2012, Various
Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology
What is a fit body? What do we mean by ‘fit’? The idea of fit body has changed over time or has it?
The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs proved their fitness every 30 years in Sed festival and today such physical prowess is not expected from our political leaders, though arguably we still prefer tall and slim Prime Ministers / Presidents in Anglo world.
This exhibition explores Fit Bodies in the ancient and modern world intercut with the competition winning responses of UCL students to the concept of ‘Fit Bodies’.
A public launch will be held on Monday 11 June in the Cloisters. For more info contact Debbie Challis at email@example.com.
UCL is hosting a variety of London 2012 inspired Olympic events from now until September to find out more visit here.
- Apply now to host Youth Sport Trust’s Young Ambassador conferences at your university
- Be part of a brand new project - Get Set to Make a Change
- Apply to volunteer at British Summer Time Festival, Hyde Park
- Apply to be a Hockey Maker at the Investec Hockey World League semi-finals
- Apply to volunteer at the 2013 Rugby League Festival of World Cups